New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
February 25, 2024
1. Medgar & Myrlie: Medgar Evers and the Love Story That Awakened America
The MSNBC host details how the wife of the civil rights leader Medgar Evers carried forward their legacy after his assassination in 1963.
2. The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder
The survivors of a shipwrecked British vessel on a secret mission during an imperial war with Spain have different accounts of events.
3. Outlive: The Science & Art of Longevity
Peter Attia with Bill Gifford
A look at recent scientific research on aging and longevity.
4. Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning
The former congresswoman from Wyoming recounts how she helped lead the Select Committee to Investigate the Jan. 6 Attack on the United States Capitol.
5. The Woman in Me
The Grammy Award-winning pop star details her personal and professional experiences, including the years she spent under a conservatorship overseen by her father.
6. Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir
The late actor, known for playing Chandler Bing on
shares stories from his childhood and his struggles with sobriety.
7. The Grift: The Downward Spiral of Black Republicans from the Party of Lincoln to the Cult of Trump
An overview of Black Republicanism from the time of President Lincoln to the present.
8. Elon Musk
The author of
The Code Breaker
traces Musk's life and summarizes his work on electric vehicles, private space exploration and artificial intelligence.
9. The Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory: American Evangelicals in an Age of Extremism
The author of
looks at divisions within the American evangelical movement.
10. Get the Picture: A Mind-Bending Journey Among the Inspired Artists and Obsessive Art Fiends Who Taught Me How to See
The author of
goes inside the world of art to examine its impact on our culture.
11. Outofshapeworthlessloser: A Memoir of Figure Skating, F*cking Up, and Figuring It Out
A memoir by the two-time U.S. figure-skating champion and Olympic bronze medalist.
12. Black AF History: The Un-Whitewashed Story of America
A columnist at TheGrio.com articulates moments in American history that center the perspectives and experiences of Black Americans.
13. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
14. Madness: Race and Insanity in a Jim Crow Asylum
A Peabody and Emmy award-winning journalist unearths the 93-year-old history of a segregated asylum in Maryland.
15. Read Write Own: Building the Next Era of the Internet
A technology entrepreneur describes three eras of the internet and argues in favor of blockchain networks.
©2024 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the February 25, 2024 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending February 10, 2024.
Somerset County Library System of New Jersey
1 Vogt Drive
P.O. Box 6700
Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807