New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
November 27, 2022
1. Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir
The actor, known for playing Chandler Bing on
shares stories from his childhood and his struggles with sobriety.
2. Surrender: 40 Songs, One Story
The lead singer of the Irish rock band U2 offers details of his life, career and activism.
3. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
4. And There Was Light: Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle
The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer portrays the life of Abraham Lincoln.
5. The Philosophy of Modern Song
In a collection of more than 60 essays, the musician and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature explores the nature of popular music.
6. The Revolutionary: Samuel Adams
The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer details Samuel Adams's contributions to the American Revolution.
7. Cinema Speculation
The filmmaker shares his love of cinema with special attention given to key American films of the 1970s.
8. The Song of the Cell: An Exploration of Medicine and the New Human
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author chronicles the discovery of cells and describes how modern medicine uses them.
9. The Myth of Normal: Trauma, IIlness & Healing in a Toxic Culture
Gabor Maté with Daniel
The potential ways in which trauma and stress from modern-day living can affect our physical health.
10. Radio's Greatest of All Tme
Rush Limbaugh with Kathryn Adams Limbaugh and David Limbaugh
A collection of the late conservative commentator's on-air moments, with memories from his widow and brother.
11. Novelist As a Vocation
The author of
shares his journey as a novelist and looks at the role of the novel in society.
12. Beyond the Wand: The Magic and Mayhem of Growing Up a Wizard
The actor known for playing the villain Draco Malfoy in the
movies recounts his life on and off the set of the film series.
13. The Extraordinary Life of an Ordinary Man: A Memoir
The late movie star's memoir reveals intimate details about his personal relationships and professional rivalries; compiled and edited by David Rosenthal.
14. Killing the Legends: The Lethal Danger of Celebrity
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The conservative commentator's Killing series profiles Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Muhammad Ali.
15. Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America
New York Times
White House correspondent traces events from Donald Trump's rise in New York City through to his post-presidency.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the November 27, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending November 12, 2022.