New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
October 29, 2017
1. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
3. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign, mistakes she made, outside forces that affected the outcome and how she recovered in its aftermath.
4. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration, the writer's own journey and the echoes of American history in modern times.
5. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
6. Recovery: Freedom from Our Addictions
The actor and comedian describes his various addictions and how he was able to move away from them.
7. Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History
The NBC News correspondent describes her work covering the 2016 campaign of the Republican nominee for president and his behavior toward her.
8. Billionaire at the Barricades: The Populist Revolution from Reagan to Trump
The conservative radio host gives historical perspective to President Donald J. Trump's agenda.
9. Martin Luther: The Man Who Rediscovered God and Changed the World
A biography of the monk whose writings sparked the Protestant Reformation.
10. The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity
An overview of the causes of infidelity and potential positive outcomes.
11. The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President
Bandy X. Lee, editor
27 psychiatrists and mental health experts give their assessments of the president.
12. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
13. Beyond the Messy Truth: How We Came Apart, How We Come Together
A look at the failures of both major political parties and a call for bipartisan efforts to solve current problems.
14. The Autobiography of Gucci Mane
Gucci Mane with Neil Martinez-Belkin
A memoir by the East Atlanta hip-hop artist, who made a comeback.
15. The Paradigm: The Ancient Blueprint That Holds the Mystery of Our Times
Ancient figures from the Middle East are used to explain the rise and fall of contemporary leaders and events.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the October 29, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending October 14, 2017.
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124 ●