New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
July 22, 2018
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
2. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
3. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
4. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
5. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
6. The Plot to Destroy Democracy : How Putin and His Spies are Undermining America and Dismantling the West
The former U.S. intelligence officer describes the tools and techniques used by Vladimir Putin to affect the 2016 election.
7. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The rise and fall of the biotech startup Theranos.
8. Barracoon: The Story of the Last "Black Cargo"
Zora Neale Hurston
A previously unpublished, first-person account of a man who was enslaved 50 years after the slave trade was banned.
9. Lincoln's Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency
Dan Abrams and David Fisher
The 1859 courtroom battle in which Abraham Lincoln defended the murderer of his protégé.
10. The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row
Anthony Ray Hinton with Lara Love Hardin
A wrongfully imprisoned man on death row becomes a beacon to his fellow inmates.
11. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
A search for the "Golden State Killer."
12. Yes We (Still) Can: Politics in the Age of Obama, Twitter, and Trump
The former White House communications director prescribes a way forward for Democrats.
13. Believe It: My Journey of Success, Failure, and Overcoming the Odds
Nick Foles with Joshua Cooley
The ups and downs of the quarterback who led the Philadelphia Eagles to their 2018 Super Bowl win.
14. Trump's America: The Truth About Our Nation's Great Comeback
The former speaker of the House's views on the achievements of and obstacles facing the current administration.
15. Fascism: A Warning
Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward
The former secretary of state examines the legacy of fascism in the 20th century and its potential revival.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the July 22, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending July 7, 2018.
If you are having trouble unsubscribing to this newsletter, please contact the Chesterfield County Public Library at