New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 13, 2018
1. A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
The former F.B.I. director recounts cases and personal events that shaped his outlook on justice, and analyzes the leadership styles of three presidents
2. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
3. War on Peace: The End of Diplomacy and the Decline of American Influence
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist chronicles the deterioration of American diplomacy.
4. Fascism: A Warning
The former secretary of state examines the legacy of fascism in the 20th century and its potential revival.
5. Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics Is Destroying American Democracy
A senior editor at National Review assesses issues plaguing the left and the right.
6. The Light Within Me: An Inspirational Memoir
Ainsley Earhardt with Mark Tabb
A memoir by one of the hosts of "Fox & Friends".
7. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
8. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
9. The Girl Who Smiled Beads: A Story of War and What Comes After
Clemantine Wamariya and Elizabeth Weil
A child and her sister flee the Rwandan genocide and suffer hardships together in Africa, only to go on different paths as refugees in the United States.
10. Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World With OKRs
How a goal-setting system helped large tech companies succeed.
11. The Best Cook in the World: Tales from My Momma's Table
A tribute to the author's mother and the recipes she used that were handed down over generations.
12. Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling
A New York Times journalist recounts her coverage of Hillary Clinton's 2008 and 2016 presidential campaigns, and her own personal and professional milestones.
13. Edge of Chaos: Why Democracy Is Failing to Deliver Economic Growth-- and How to Fix It
A case for why economic growth is important to global stability and the need to reform democracy.
14. Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
Michael Isikoff and David Corn
Details of the 2016 presidential election, with an emphasis on Russia's possible involvement.
15. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 13, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending April 28, 2018.
If you are having trouble unsubscribing to this newsletter, please contact the Chesterfield County Public Library at