New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
October 22, 2017
1. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
2. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration, the writer's own journey and the echoes of American history in modern times.
3. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign, mistakes she made, outside forces that affected the outcome and how she recovered in its aftermath.
4. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
5. The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google
A study of Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google, with suggestions on applying these companies' strategies to your own business or career.
6. Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History
The NBC news correspondent describes her work covering the 2016 campaign of the Republican nominee for president and his behavior toward her.
7. Martin Luther: The Man Who Rediscovered God and Changed the World
A biography of the monk whose writings sparked the Protestant Reformation.
8. The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President
Bandy X. Lee, editor
27 psychiatrists and mental health experts give their assessments of the president.
9. From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death
An American undertaker chronicles the diversity of death practices around the globe, the better to argue for changes at home.
10. Recovery: Freedom from Our Addictions
The actor and comedian describes his various additions and how he was able to move away from them.
11. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
12. Daring to Hope: Finding God's Goodness in the Broken and the Beautiful
Katie Davis Majors
The author, who moved to Uganda and adopted 13 children, has her faith tested after facing tragedy.
13. The Paradigm: The Ancient Blueprint That Holds the Mystery of Our Times
Ancient figures from the Middle East are used to explain the rise and fall of contemporary leaders and events.
14. The Autobiography of Gucci Mane
Gucci Mane with Neil Martinez-Belkin
A memoir by the East Atlanta hip-hop artist, who made a comeback.
15. Scalia Speaks: Reflections on Law, Faith, and Life Well Lived
Antonin Scalia. Edited by Christopher J. Scalia and Edward Whelan
Speeches given by the influential Supreme Court associate justice, who died in 2016.
22© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the October 22, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending October 7, 2017.
Prescott Public Library
215 E. Goodwin St.
Prescott, Arizona 86303