New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
April 29, 2018
1. Fascism: A Warning
Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward
The former secretary of state examines the legacy of fascism in the 20th century and its potential revival.
2. Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
Michael Isikoff and David Corn
Details of the 2016 presidential election, with an emphasis on Russia's possible involvement.
3. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
4. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
5. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund
A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
6. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
7. Natural Causes: An Epidemic of Wellness, the Certainty of Dying, and Killing Ourselves to Live Longer
A look at aging, the ways people try to control the inevitable and strategies for accepting mortality.
8. Secret Empires
The author of
describes what some politicians might do to enrich themselves while in office.
9. Tiger Woods
Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian
A deeper look at the personal and professional triumphs and disasters of the champion golfer.
10. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
11. This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today
A star of
This Is Us
describes her journey toward self-acceptance.
12. Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World
The director of communications for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and the Obama White House prescribes a new model of leadership.
13. Make Trouble: Standing Up, Speaking Out, and Finding the Courage to Lead
Cecile Richards with Lauren Peterson
A memoir by the president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and former labor organizer.
14. Killing the Deep State: The Fight to Save President Trump
Jerome R. Corsi
The conservative commentator describes a secret conspiracy to undermine the Trump presidency. From the author of
The Obama Nation.
15. Our 50-State Border Crisis: How the Mexican Border Fuels the Drug Epidemic Across America
Howard G. Buffett
An Illinois sheriff describes the close connection he sees between national security and the opioid crisis.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the April 29, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending April 14, 2018.
Prescott Public Library
215 E. Goodwin St.
Prescott, Arizona 86303