New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
August 14, 2022
1. Finding Me
The multiple award-winning actress describes the difficulties she encountered before claiming her sense of self and achieving professional success.
The humorist portrays personal and public upheavals of his life in its seventh decade and the world in the time of a pandemic.
3. Crying in H Mart: A Memoir
The daughter of a Korean mother and Jewish-American father, and leader of the indie rock project Japanese Breakfast, describes creating her own identity after losing her mother to cancer.
4. The Big Lie: Election Chaos, Political Opportunism, and the State of American Politics After 2020
The MSNBC host and White House bureau chief at Politico examines Donald Trump's continuing influence over the Republican Party.
5. Battle for the American Mind: Uprooting a Century of Miseducation
Pete Hegseth with David Goodwin
Fox & Friends Weekend
host makes his case for what he calls classical Christian education.
6. Thank You for Your Servitude: Donald Trump's Washington and the Price of Submission
A staff writer at
details how some Republicans shifted their loyalty to Donald Trump.
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over the last 35 years.
8. Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know
An examination of the cognitive skills of rethinking and unlearning that could be used to adapt to a rapidly changing world.
9. Killing the Killers: The Secret War Against Terrorists
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The 11th book in the conservative commentator's Killing series gives an account of the global war against terrorists.
10. What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
An approach to dealing with trauma that shifts an essential question used to investigate it.
The activist and public speaker describes her journey of listening to her inner voice.
12. An Immense World: How Animal Senses Reveal the Hidden Realms Around Us
The Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer explains the sensory perceptions and ways of communication used by a variety of animals.
13. Leadership: Six Studies in World Strategy
The former secretary of state profiles the statecraft strategies of Richard Nixon, Margaret Thatcher and others.
14. They Want to Kill Americans: The Militias, Terrorists, and Deranged Ideology of the Trump Insurgency
The author of
The Plot to Hack America
examines radicalization and terror threats within the United States.
15. I'd Like to Play Alone, Please
The stand-up comedian and podcaster shares stories of parenting and strange encounters.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the August 14, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending July 30, 2022.
Manatee County Public Library System
1301 Barcarrota Boulevard West
Bradenton, Florida 34205