New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
October 28, 2018
1. Killing the SS: The Hunt for the Worst War Criminals in History
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
A look at the postwar manhunt for members of Hitler's inner circle.
2. Ship of Fools: How a Selfish Ruling Class is Bringing America to the Brink of Revolution
The Fox News anchor argues that America's ruling class is out of touch with everyday citizens.
3. Presidents of War
How American presents waged wars and expanded the power of the executive branch.
4. Fear: Trump in the White House
Base on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
5. The Fifth Risk
The author of "The Big Short" examines how the Trump administration staffs its federal agencies.
6. Leadership: In Turbulent Times
Doris Kearns Goodwin
The challenges that shaped the leadership abilities of four presidents: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.
7. In Pieces
A memoir by the two-time Academy Award and three-time Emmy Award winner.
8. Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World
A memoir by the founder of the nonprofit Charity: Water.
9. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
10. Good and Mad: The Revolutionary Power of Women's Anger
The history and cultural significance of women's anger.
11. Stop Mass Hysteria: America's Insanity from the Salem Witch Trials to the Trump Witch Hunt
The conservative commentator uses the Salem Witch Trials and the Red Scares of the early 20th century to contextualize criticisms of President Trump.
12. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
13. These Truths: A History of the United States
An investigation of truth in America traced through its intertwining histories of politics, law, technology and journalism.
14. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
15. Jesus Is Risen: Paul and the Early Church
The conservative commentator explores the birth and spread of Christianity.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the October 28, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending October 13, 2018.
Pikes Peak Library District
P.O. Box 1579
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80901