New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
October 9, 2022
1. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
2. The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021
Peter Baker and Susan Glasser
The married journalists who write for
The New York Times
The New Yorker
posit that Donald Trump began to emulate the foreign autocrats he admired.
3. Starry Messenger: Cosmic Perspectives on Civilization
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The astrophysicist and director of the Hayden Planetarium delves into subjects including politics, religion, gender and race.
4. Dinners with Ruth: A Memoir on the Power of Friendships
The NPR legal affairs correspondent details her professional accomplishments and friendship with the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
5. What if? 2: Additional Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
The creator of the web comic
and former NASA roboticist looks into hypothetical and oddball scenarios.
6. The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness & Healing in a Toxic Culture
The potential ways in which trauma and stress from modern-day living can affect our physical health.
7. The Mosquito Bowl: A Game of Life and Death in World War II
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist depicts the service of college football players who served in the Marines during World War II.
The poet describes his journey over two months from El Salvador to the United States to reconnect with his parents who left years earlier.
9. Like a Rolling Stone
Jann S. Wenner
A memoir by the founder, co-editor and publisher of
10. Breaking History: A White House Memoir
An account of time spent in the Trump White House by the former president's son-in-law and senior adviser.
11. Finding Me
The multiple award-winning actress describes the difficulties she encountered before claiming her sense of self and achieving professional success.
12. Holding the Line: Inside the Nation's Preeminent US Attorney's Office and Its Battle with the Trump Justice Department
The former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York gives his account of pushing back against the Trump Justice Department.
13. Lady Justice: Women, the Law, and the Battle to Save America
The senior legal correspondent at
chronicles the work of some women lawyers during the Trump presidency.
14. Profiles in Ignorance: How America's Politicians Got Dumb and Dumber
The creator of "The Borowitz Report" looks at the declining knowledge of some public officials over the last 50 years.
15. The Biggest Ideas in the Universe: Space, Time, and Motion
The ways in which physics can be used to explain how some things function in the universe.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the October 9, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 24, 2022.
Somerset County Library System of New Jersey
1 Vogt Drive
P.O. Box 6700
Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807