New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
December 5, 2021
1. The 1619 Project: A New Origin Story
Nikole Hannah-Jones, Caitlin Roper, Ilena Silverman and Jake Silverstein (editors)
Viewing America's entanglement with slavery and its legacy, in essays adapted and expanded from
The New York Times Magazine
2. All American Christmas
Rachel Campos-Duffy and Sean Duffy
A collection of holiday memories from members of the staff of Fox News.
Will Smith with Mark Manson
The actor, producer and musician tells his life story and lessons he learned along the way.
4. Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show
The ABC News' chief Washington correspondent gives an account of the end of the Trump presidency.
5. The Lyrics: 1956 to the Present
A two-volume celebration of 154 songs, with handwritten texts, paintings and photographs from the songwriter's archives.
6. The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music
A memoir by the musician known for his work with Foo Fighters and Nirvana.
7. The Real Anthony Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
The anti-vaccine advocate gives his take on the chief medical advisor to the president.
8. The President and the Freedom Fighter: Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, and Their Battle to Save America's Soul
The Fox News host gives an account of the relationship between Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass.
9. The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity
David Graeber and David Wengrow
A reinvestigation of social evolution and suggestions for new ways of organizing society.
10. Welcome to Dunder Mifflin: The Ultimate Oral History of The Office
Brian Baumgartner and Ben Silverman
An oral history of the TV series
by one of its stars and one of its producers.
11. Taste: My Life Through Food
The award-winning actor reflects on his career, Italian-American heritage, meals and mishaps.
Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen
Conversations between the 44th president and the multiple award-winning musician on a range of topics.
13. The Beatles: Get Back
The story of the making of the band's final album, gathered from transcripts of their conversations.
14. Going There
The former anchor of the
CBS Evening News
describes some of the personal and professional challenges she faced.
15. Immune: A Journey into the Mysterious System That Keeps You Alive
The founder of the You Tube channel
gives an overview of elements of the body's immune system.
© 2021 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the December 5, 2021 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending November 20, 2021.