New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
November 21, 2021
1. The Lyrics: 1956 to the Present
A two-volume celebration of 154 songs, with handwritten texts, paintings and photographs from the songwriter's archives.
2. Immune: A Journey into the Mysterious System That Keeps You Alive
The founder of the You Tube channel Kurzgesagt gives an overview of elements of the body's immune system.
3. The President and the Freedom Fighter: Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, and Their Battle to Save America's Soul
The Fox News host gives an account of the relationship between Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass.
4. The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music
A memoir by the musician known for his work with Foo Fighters and Nirvana.
5. Best Wishes, Warmest Regards: The Story of Schitt's Creek
Daniel Levy and Eugene Levy
Character profiles, major story moments and behind-the-scenes tales from the Emmy Award-winning series
6. Woke Up This Morning: The Definitive Oral History of The Sopranos
Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa with Philip Lerman
An oral history of
by two of its stars who host the podcast
7. Going There
The former anchor of the
CBS Evening News
describes some of the personal and professional challenges she faced.
Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen
Conversations between the 44th president and the multiple award-winning musician on a range of topics.
9. To Rescue the Republic: Ulysses S. Grant, the Fragile Union, and the Crisis of 1876
Bret Baier with Catherine Whitney
The Fox News chief political anchor recounts challenges faced by Ulysses S. Grant.
10. Taste: My Life Through Food
The award-winning actor reflects on his career, Italian-American heritage, meals and mishaps.
11. E.R. Nurses: True Stories from America's Greatest Unsung Heroes
James Patterson and Matt Eversmann with Chris Mooney
A collection of stories from people working in big-city and small-town hospitals.
12. Wholehearted Faith
Rachel Held Evans with Jeff Chu
Reflections on the identity and purpose of Christianity completed posthumously.
Bob Woodward and Robert Costa
journalists detail the dangers and challenges during the transition to the Biden presidency.
14. Both/And: A Life in Many Worlds
The aide and advisor to Hillary Clinton shares details from her time in public service as well as personal setbacks.
15. The Boys: A Memoir of Hollywood and Family
Ron Howard and Clint Howard
The Howard brothers credit their success in Hollywood to their Midwestern parents, Rance and Jean.
© 2021 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the November 21, 2021 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending November 6, 2021.
Los Gatos Library
100 Villa Avenue
Los Gatos, California 95030