New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
December 3, 2023
1. Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir
The late actor, known for playing Chandler Bing on
shares stories from his childhood and his struggles with sobriety.
2. The Woman in Me
The Grammy Award-winning pop star details her personal and professional experiences, including the years she spent under a conservatorship overseen by her father.
3. My Effin' Life
Geddy Lee with Daniel Richler
The musician known for his work with the band Rush chronicles his life as a child of Holocaust survivors and his time in the limelight.
4. My Name is Barbra
The EGOT winner chronicles her journey in show business and reveals details about some of her personal relationships.
5. Tired of Winning: Donald Trump and the End of the Grand Old Party
The chief Washington correspondent for ABC News looks at Donald Trump's impact on the Republican Party.
6. Ghosts of Honolulu: A Japanese Spy, a Japanese American Spy Hunter, and the Untold Story of Pearl Harbor
Mark Harmon and Leon Carroll Jr.
The story of a Japanese American naval intelligence agent, a Japanese spy and events in Hawaii before the start of World War II.
7. Prequel: An American Fight Against Fascism
The MSNBC host and co-author of
details a campaign to overthrow the U.S. government and install authoritarian rule prior to and during our involvement in World War II.
8. The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder
The survivors of a shipwrecked British vessel on a secret mission during an imperial war with Spain have different accounts of events.
9. Teddy and Booker T.: How Two American Icons Blazed a Path for Racial Equality
The Fox News host gives an account of the relationship between President Theodore Roosevelt and Booker T. Washington.
10. Elon Musk
The author of
The Code Breaker
traces Musk's life and summarizes his work on electric vehicles, private space exploration and artificial intelligence.
11. Being Henry: The Fonz . . . and Beyond
Henry Winkler with James Kaplan
The Emmy Award-winning actor shares how playing roles such as the Fonz and his struggles with dyslexia affected his life.
12. Outlive: The Science & Art of Longevity
Peter Attia with Bill Gifford
A look at recent scientific research on aging and longevity.
13. Unwoke: How to Defeat Cultural Marxism in America
The Republican senator from Texas shares his opinions on an assortment of American institutions.
14. Behind the Seams: My Life in Rhinestones
Dolly Parton with Holly George-Warren
The country music legend shares stories about her favorite outfits she has worn on and off the stage.
15. The Upcycled Self: A Memoir on the Art of Becoming Who We Are
Tariq Trotter and Jasmine Martin
A memoir by the rapper who is better know as Black Thought and is a Grammy Award-winning co-founder of the Roots.
©2023 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the December 3, 2023 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending November 18, 2023.