New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
March 29, 2020
The activist and public speaker describes her journey to listening to her inner voice.
2. The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
An examination of the leadership of the prime minister Winston Churchill.
3. The Gift of Forgiveness: Inspiring Stories from Those Who Have Overcome the Unforgivable
Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt
Stories, interviews and reflections on the act of letting go of resentment.
4. The Mamba Mentality: How I Play
Various skills and techniques used on the court by the late Los Angeles Lakers player.
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
6. Open Book
Jessica Simpson with Kevin Carr O'Leary
The singer, actress and fashion designer discloses times of success, trauma and addiction.
7. Unknown Valor: A Story of Family, Courage, and Sacrifice from Pearl Harbor to Iwo Jima
The Fox News anchor weaves stories of combat veterans who fought during World War II.
8. Capital and Ideology
An overview of political and economic inequality and a call for a more balanced approach to those systems.
9. John Adams Under Fire: The Founding Father's Fight for Justice in the Boston Massacre Murder Trial
Dan Abrams and David Fisher
How the man who became the second president served as the defense lawyer for the British soldiers who stood accused in the Boston Massacre in 1770.
10. Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Famous examples of miscommunication serve as the backdrop to explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
The former first lady describes how she balanced work, family and her husband's political ascent.
12. The Hope of Glory: Reflections on the Last Words of Jesus from the Cross
The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer delves into the seven last sayings of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels.
13. A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists use firsthand accounts to chart patterns of behavior within the Trump administration.
14. The MAGA Doctrine: The Only Ideas That Will Win the Future
The founder of Turning Point U.S.A. espouses some ideas promulgated by President Trump.
15. Why Did I Come into This Room? A Candid Conversation About Aging
The broadcast journalist shares personal experiences with aging and ageism.
© 2020 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the March 29, 2020 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending March 14, 2020.
Carson City Library
900 N Roop St
Carson City, Nevada 89701