New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 24, 2020
The activist and public speaker describes her journey of listening to her inner voice.
The former first lady describes how she balanced work, family and her husband's political ascent.
3. The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
An examination of the leadership of the prime minister Winston Churchill.
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
5. The Rural Diaries: Love, Livestock, and Big Life Lessons Down on Mischief Farm
Hilarie Burton Morgan
The actress starts a family, transplants to a working farm and revitalizes a candy store in Rhinebeck, N.Y.
6. The Lincoln Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill America's 16th President -- and Why it Failed
Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch
How Allan Pinkerton, along with undercover agents, thwarted a lesser-known assassination attempt of Abraham Lincoln in Baltimore in 1861.
7. The Mamba Mentality: How I Play
Various skills and techniques used on the court by the late Los Angeles Lakers player.
8. The House of Kennedy
James Patterson and Cynthia Fagen
A look at the achievements of the political family and what has been called "the Kennedy curse."
9. Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family
From 1945 to 1965, a family in Colorado had 12 children, six of whom went on to develop schizophrenia.
Brie Bella and Nikki Bella
The identical twins and WWE Hall of Famers share some of the challenges they faced.
11. Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage
The Texas congressman and former Navy SEAL prescribes ways to overcome adversity.
12. Plague of Corruption: Restoring Faith in the Promise of Science
Judy Mikovits and Kent Heckenlively
The controversial virologist gives her account of her work over nearly four decades.
13. Resistance: A Songwriter's Story of Hope, Change, and Courage
The Grammy-nominated musician details her career and how her work championed the marginalized.
14. Don't Burn This Book: Thinking for Yourself in an Age of Unreason
The internet show host explains why he moved away from progressive politics.
15. Open Book
Jessica Simpson with Kevin Carr O'Leary
The singer, actress and fashion designer discloses times of success, trauma and addiction.
© 2020 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 24, 2020 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending May 9, 2020.
Carson City Library
900 N Roop St
Carson City, Nevada 89701