New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
September 17, 2023
1. Outlive: The Science & Art of Longevity
Peter Attia with Bill Gifford
A look at recent scientific research on aging and longevity.
2. The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder
The survivors of a shipwrecked British vessel on a secret mission during an imperial war with Spain have different accounts of events.
3. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
4. Gambler: Secrets from a Life at Risk
Billy Walters with Armen Keteyian
The sports gambler shares his life story and gives insights on his betting system.
5. Poverty, by America
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author of
examines the ways in which affluent Americans keep poor people poor.
6. Never Enough: When Achievement Culture Becomes Toxic--And What We Can Do About It
Jennifer Breheny Wallace
The journalist and social commentator looks at how the pressure to succeed affects parents, educators, and children.
7. The In-Between: Unforgettable Encounters During Life's Final Moments
A hospice nurse shares some of her most impactful experiences and questions some of society's beliefs around end-of-life care.
8. What Happened to You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
An approach to dealing with trauma that shifts an essential question used to investigate it.
9. Beyond the Story: 10-Year Record of BTS
BTS and Myeongseok Kang
An oral history of the K-pop group that is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
10. Adversity for Sale: Ya Gotta Believe
Jenkins with Benjamin Meadows-Ingram
The Grammy-nominated recording artist shares how he overcame obstacles in his life and career.
11. Vax-Unvax: Let the Science Speak
Robert F. Kennedy and Brian Hooker
The author of
The Real Anthony Fauci
gives his analysis on vaccinated and unvaccinated populations.
12. Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know
An examination of the cognitive skills of rethinking and unlearning that could be used to adapt to a rapidly changing world.
13. The Fourth Turning Is Here: What the Seasons of History Tell Us About How and When This Crisis Will End
One of the authors of
The Fourth Turning
gives reflections on the cycles of history and makes predictions of potential outcomes generated by the present era of polarization.
14. Pageboy: A Memoir
The Oscar-nominated star details discovering himself as a trans person and navigating abuse in Hollywood.
An overview of the personal and professional life of the conservative commentator Tucker Carlson.
©2023 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the September 17, 2023 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 2, 2023.
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
7060 W. Windmill Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113