New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
February 5, 2023
The Duke of Sussex details his struggles with the royal family, loss of his mother, service in the British Army and marriage to Meghan Markle.
2. The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times
The former first lady shares personal stories and the tools she uses to deal with difficult situations.
3. The Nazi Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill Roosevelt, Stalin, and Churchill
Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch
The story of a Nazi plot to kill President Roosevelt, Joseph Stalin and Winston Churchill.
4. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
5. Straight Shooter: A Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes
Stephen A. Smith
The ESPN analyst recounts the highs and lows of his life and career.
6. Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir
The actor, known for playing Chandler Bing on
shares stories from his childhood and his struggles with sobriety.
7. Master Slave Husband Wife: An Epic Journey from Slavery to Freedom
In 1848, Ellen Craft, disguised as a disabled white man, and her husband, William, posing as that man's slave, achieved freedom only to have to flee again.
8. An Immense World: How Animal Senses Reveal the Hidden Realms Around Us
The Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer explains the sensory perceptions and ways of communication used by a variety of animals.
9. Rough Sleepers
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author chronicles Jim O'Connell's work to provide medical care to Boston's unhoused population.
10. Crying in H Mart: A Memoir
The daughter of a Korean mother and Jewish-American father, and leader of the indie rock project Japanese Breakfast, describes creating her own identity after losing her mother to cancer.
11. The Song of the Cell: An Exploration of Medicine and the New Human
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author chronicles the discovery of cells and describes how modern medicine uses them.
12. The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness & Healing in a Toxic Culture
Gabor Maté with Daniel
The potential ways in which trauma and stress from modern-day living can affect our physical health.
13. And There Was Light: Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle
The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer portrays the life of Abraham Lincoln.
14. Surrender: 40 Songs, One Story
The lead singer of the Irish rock band U2 offers details of his life, career and activism.
15. Myth America: Historians Take on the Biggest Legends and Lies About Our Past
Kevin M. Kruse and Julian E. Zelizer (editors)
A collection of essays by historians who separate fact from fiction as they detail our nation's past.
©2023 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the February 5, 2023 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending January 21, 2023.
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
7060 W. Windmill Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113