New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
October 2, 2022
1. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
2. What if? 2: Additional Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
The creator of the web comic
and former NASA roboticist looks into hypothetical and oddball scenarios.
3. Holding the Line: Inside the Nation's Preeminent US Attorney's Office and Its Battle with the Trump Justice Department
The former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York gives his account of pushing back against the Trump Justice Department.
4. Dinners with Ruth: A Memoir on the Power of Friendships
The NPR legal affairs correspondent details her professional accomplishments and friendship with the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
5. The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness & Healing in a Toxic Culture
The potential ways in which trauma and stress from modern-day living can affect our physical health.
6. Like a Rolling Stone
Jann S. Wenner
A memoir by the founder, co-editor and publisher of
7. Profiles in Ignorance: How America's Politicians Got Dumb and Dumber
The creator of "The Borowitz Report" looks at the declining knowledge of some public officials over the last 50 years.
8. The Mosquito Bowl: A Game of Life and Death in World War II
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist depicts the service of college football players who served in the Marines during World War II.
9. American Psychosis: A Historical Investigation of How the Republican Party Went Crazy
The Washington bureau chief for
magazine gives his take on the Republican Party over the last seven decades.
10. Breaking History: A White House Memoir
An account of time spent in the Trump White House by the former president's son-in-law and senior adviser.
The poet describes his journey over two months from El Salvador to the United States to reconnect with his parents who left years earlier.
12. Prisoners of the Castle: An Epic Story of Survival and Escape from Colditz, the Nazis' Fortress Prison
The author of
The Spy and the Traitor
profiles Allied prisoners detained by the German Army in Colditz Castle during World War II.
13. Diana, William and Harry: The Heartbreaking Story of a Princess and a Mother
James Patterson and Chris Mooney
A biography of the late Princess of Wales and her sons.
14. The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor--the Truth and the Turmoil
This follow-up to
The Diana Chronicles
details how the royal family reinvented itself after the death of Princess Diana.
15. Finding Me
The multiple award-winning actress describes the difficulties she encountered before claiming her sense of self and achieving professional success.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the October 2, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 17, 2022.
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
7060 W. Windmill Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113