New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
August 21, 2022
1. Finding Me
The multiple award-winning actress describes the difficulties she encountered before claiming her sense of self and achieving professional success.
2. Crying in H Mart: A Memoir
The daughter of a Korean mother and Jewish-American father, and leader of the indie rock project Japanese Breakfast, describes creating her own identity after losing her mother to cancer.
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over the last 35 years.
4. What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
An approach to dealing with trauma that shifts an essential question used to investigate it.
5. The Big Lie: Election Chaos, Political Opportunism, and the State of American Politics After 2020
The MSNBC host and White House bureau chief at Politico examines Donald Trump's continuing influence over the Republican Party.
6. Battle for the American Mind: Uprooting a Century of Miseducation
Pete Hegseth with David Goodwin
Fox & Friends Weekend
host makes his case for what he calls classical Christian education.
7. Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know
An examination of the cognitive skills of rethinking and unlearning that could be used to adapt to a rapidly changing world.
The activist and public speaker describes her journey of listening to her inner voice.
9. Killing the Killers: The Secret War Against Terrorists
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The 11th book in the conservative commentator's Killing series gives an account of the global war against terrorists.
The humorist portrays personal and public upheavals of his life in its seventh decade and the world in the time of a pandemic.
11. From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life
Arthur C. Brooks
A columnist for
espouses ways to shift priorities and habits to overcome waning abilities in later life.
12. The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music
A memoir by the musician known for his work with Foo Fighters and Nirvana.
13. Leadership: Six Studies in World Strategy
The former secretary of state profiles the statecraft strategies of Richard Nixon, Margaret Thatcher and others.
14. River of the Gods: Genius, Courage, and Betrayal in the Search for the Source of the Nile
The story of the hardships encountered during 19th-century expeditions in Africa, and the complicated partnerships behind them.
15. An Immense World: How Animal Senses Reveal the Hidden Realms Around Us
The Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer explains the sensory perceptions and ways of communication used by a variety of animals.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the August 21, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending August 6, 2022.
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
7060 W. Windmill Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113