New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
June 4, 2023
1. The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder
The survivors of a shipwrecked British vessel on a secret mission during an imperial war with Spain have different accounts of events.
2. Outlive: The Science & Art of Longevity
Peter Attia with Bill Gifford
A look at recent scientific research on aging and longevity.
The Duke of Sussex details his struggles with the royal family, loss of his mother, service in the British Army and marriage to Meghan Markle.
4. The Daddy Diaries: The Year I Grew Up
The host and executive producer of
Watch What Happens Live
juggles fatherhood and his career.
5. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
6. The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times
The former first lady shares personal stories and the tools she uses to deal with difficult situations.
7. King: A Life
A biography of the civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr., which includes new archival material and reflections from some who worked, lived and fought with him.
8. Look for Me There: Grieving My Father, Finding Myself
The Emmy Award-winning journalist details how he grieved for his late father and sought to make his own way.
9. The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rulings to Amass Power and Undermine the Republic
The legal scholar examines the Supreme Court's authority to issue emergency rulings and the potential consequences of doing so.
10. Poverty, by America
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author of
examines the ways in which affluent Americans keep poor people poor.
11. The World: A Family History
Simon Sebag Montefiore
The historian chronicles the world's great dynasties through the prism of family ties in a single narrative.
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over 35 years.
13. You Could Make This Place Beautiful: A Memoir
The poet explores her love for her children and commitment to herself after the end of her marriage.
14. Walking With Sam: A Father, a Son, and Five Hundred Miles Across Spain
The actor and travel writer treks 500 miles across Spain's Camino de Santiago with his elder son.
15. You Can't Joke About That: Why Everything is Funny, Nothing is Sacred, and We're All in This Together
The co-host of
and Fox News contributor gives her take on free speech and comedy.
©2023 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the June 4, 2023 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending May 20, 2023.
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
7060 W. Windmill Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113