New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
November 12, 2017
1. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
2. Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life
Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush
The twin daughters of former president George W. Bush offer their account of growing up in the public eye.
3. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
4. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
6. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign and how she recovered in its aftermath.
7. We're Going to Need More Wine: Stories That Are Funny, Complicated, and True
Essays by the actress and activist on love, step-parenting and living beyond personal tragedy.
8. The Storm Before the Storm: The Beginning of the End of the Roman Republic
How corruption, economic inequality and ethnic prejudices were early factors in the fall of the Roman Empire.
9. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
10. American Radical: Inside the World of an Undercover Muslim FBI Agent
Tamer Elnoury with Kevin Maurer
The memoir of a Muslim-American undercover agent for the F.B.I.'s counterterrorism unit.
11. Endurance: A Year in Space, a Lifetime of Discovery
A memoir by the retired astronaut and former commander of the International Space Station.
12. The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President
Bandy X. Lee
27 psychiatrists and mental health experts give their assessments of the president.
13. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration and the writer's own journey.
14. Prince: A Private View
The musician's cinematographer shares exclusive photographs and stories.
15. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the November 12, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending October 28, 2017.
Byron Public Library District
100 S. Washington St.
Byron, IL 61010