New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
September 23, 2018
1. 21 Lessons for the 21st Century
Yuval Noah Harari
Technological, political and social issues in the modern era, and the choices individuals might consider in facing them.
2. The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations
John McCain and Mark Salter
A memoir by the recently deceased Republican senator from Arizona.
3. The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump
The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
4. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
5. Every Day is Extra
A memoir by the former Massachusetts senator, secretary of state and 2004 Democratic presidential nominee.
6. Small Fry: A Memoir
A memoir about the author's difficult relationship with her father, Steve Jobs.
7. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House
Omarosa Manigault Newman
The reality TV star and former White House staffer describes her time and relationship with Donald Trump.
8. The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure
Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt
An investigation of cultural trends that the authors argue are failing the next generation.
9. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
10. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
11. The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers
The personal, professional and artistic life of Fred Rogers, the creator and star of "Mister Rogers Neighborhood".
12. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
13. Big Game: The NFL in Dangerous Times
The New York Times Magazine's chief national correspondent examines professional football's current economic success and cultural dominance.
14. Fashion Climbing: A Memoir With Photographs
The New York Times fashion and society photographer's posthumous memoir.
15. House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia
An investigation into the relationship between the current heads of Russia and the United States, and their potential ties to the Russian Mafia.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the September 23, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 8, 2018.
Byron Public Library District
100 S. Washington St.
Byron, IL 61010