New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
April 8, 2018
1. Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
Michael Isikoff and David Corn
Details of the 2016 presidential election, with an emphasis on Russia's possible involvement.
2. Secret Empires
The author of "Clinton Cash"
describes what some politicians might do to enrich themselves while in office.
3. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
4. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
5. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
6. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
7. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
8. Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
A case for using reason, science and humanism to counter pessimistic views of Western civilization.
9. The Last Black Unicorn
The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles and finding success after a period of homelessness.
10. In the Shadow of Statues: A White Southerner Confronts History
A memoir by the mayor who called for the removal of four Confederate monuments in New Orleans.
11. The Triumph of Christianity: How a Forbidden Religion Swept the World
Bart D. Ehrman
The religious studies professor explores how a new religion came to influence Western society.
12. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
13. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath that connects his work in various disciplines.
14. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the host of
The Daily Show.
15. The Age of Eisenhower: America and the World in the 1950s
William I. Hitchcock
A history of the 34th president of the United States, who faced bitter partisanship.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the April 8, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending March 24, 2018.
Grand County Library District
PO Box 1050
Granby, CO 80446