New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 20, 2018
1. A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
The former F.B.I. director recounts cases and personal events that shaped his outlook on justice, and analyzes the leadership styles of three presidents
2. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
3. War on Peace: The End of Diplomacy and the Decline of American Influence
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist chronicles the deterioration of American diplomacy.
4. Fascism: A Warning
Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward
The former secretary of state examines the legacy of fascism in the 20th century and its potential revival.
5. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
6. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
7. The Light Within Me: An Inspirational Memoir
Ainsley Earhardt with Mark Tabb
A memoir by one of the hosts of "Fox & Friends".
8. The Assault on Intelligence: American National Security in an Age of Lies
Michael V. Hayden
A former director of the N.S.A. and the C.I.A. identifies domestic and international threats to the American intelligence community.
9. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
10. Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics Is Destroying American Democracy
A senior editor at National Review assesses issues plaguing the left and the right.
11. Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs
How a goal-setting system helped large tech companies succeed.
12. God Save Texas: A Journey into the Soul of the Lone Star State
An exploration of the history, politics and economics of the Lone Star State.
13. The Best Cook in the World: Tales from My Momma's Table
A tribute to the author's mother and the recipes she used that were handed down over generations.
14. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund
A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
15. Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
Michael Isikoff and David Corn
Details of the 2016 presidential election, with an emphasis on Russia's possible involvement.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 20, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending May 5, 2018.
Muskegon Area District Library
4845 Airline Road, Suite 5
Muskegon, MI 49444