New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
July 8, 2018
1. Yes We (Still) Can: Politics in the Age of Obama, Twitter, and Trump
The former White House communications director prescribes a way forward for Democrats.
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
3. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
4. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
5. Trump's America: The Truth About Our Nation's Great Comeback
The former speaker of the House's views on the achievements of and obstacles facing the current administration.
6. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
7. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The rise and fall of the biotech startup Theranos.
8. Lincoln's Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency
Dan Abrams and David Fisher
The 1859 courtroom battle in which Abraham Lincoln defended the murderer of his protégé.
9. The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row
Anthony Ray Hinton with Lara Love Hardin
A wrongfully imprisoned man on death row becomes a beacon to his fellow inmates.
10. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
11. Born Trump: Inside America's First Family
Emily Jane Fox
The Vanity Fair journalist looks at Donald Trump as a father and the personalities of his five children.
12. Barracoon: The Story of the Last "Black Cargo"
Zora Neale Hurston
A previously unpublished, first-person account of a man who was enslaved 50 years after the slave trade was banned.
13. The World As It Is: A Memoir of the Obama White House
A memoir by the former speechwriter and deputy national security advisor to President Obama.
14. Room to Dream: A Life
David Lynch and Kristine McKenna
Part memoir, part biography about the life and work of the auteur David Lynch.
15. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund
A look at our biases and how the world is in a better state than we might think.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the July 8, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending June 23, 2018.
Muskegon Area District Library
4845 Airline Road, Suite 5
Muskegon, MI 49444