New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
July 15, 2018
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
2. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
3. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
4. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
5. Believe It: My Journey of Success, Failure, and Overcoming the Odds
Nick Foles with Joshua Cooley
The ups and downs of the quarterback who led the Philadelphia Eagles to their 2018 Super Bowl win.
6. Trump's America: The Truth About Our Nation's Great Comeback
The former speaker of the House's views on the achievements of and obstacles facing the current administration.
7. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
8. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The rise and fall of the biotech startup Theranos.
9. The Plot to Destroy Democracy : How Putin and His Spies are Undermining America and Dismantling the West
The former U.S. intelligence officer describes the tools and techniques used by Vladimir Putin to affect the 2016 election.
10. Yes We (Still) Can: Politics in the Age of Obama, Twitter, and Trump
The former White House communications director prescribes a way forward for Democrats.
11. Barracoon: The Story of the Last "Black Cargo"
Zora Neale Hurston
A previously unpublished, first-person account of a man who was enslaved 50 years after the slave trade was banned.
12. The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row
Anthony Ray Hinton with Lara Love Hardin
A wrongfully imprisoned man on death row becomes a beacon to his fellow inmates.
13. Lincoln's Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency
Dan Abrams and David Fisher
The 1859 courtroom battle in which Abraham Lincoln defended the murderer of his protégé.
14. The World As It Is: A Memoir of the Obama White House
A memoir by the former speechwriter and deputy national security advisor to President Obama.
15. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
A search for the "Golden State Killer."
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the July 15, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending June 30, 2018.
Delaware County District Library
84 E Winter St
Delaware, OH 43015