New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
June 17, 2018
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
2. The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights and Other Appreciations
John McCain and Mark Salter
A memoir by the Republican senator from Arizona.
3. A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
The former F.B.I. director recounts cases and personal events that shaped his outlook on justice.
4. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
5. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
6. Barracoon: The Story of the Last "Black Cargo"
Zora Neale Hurston
A previously unpublished, first-person account of a man who was enslaved 50 years after the slave trade was banned.
7. Facts and Fears: Hard Truths from a Life in Intelligence
James R. Clapper with Trey Brown
The former director of national intelligence describes events that challenged the intelligence community and considers some ethical questions around its efforts.
8. Tailspin: The People and Forces Behind America's Fifty-Year Fall--and Those Fighting to Reverse It
A look at how American values and democracy have deteriorated, and the people and institutions seeking to reverse this.
9. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
A search for "the Golden State Killer."
10. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
11. Three Days in Moscow: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of the Soviet Empire
Bret Baier with Catherine Whitney
The Fox News anchor describes Ronald Reagan's 1988 visit to the Soviet capital.
12. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The rise and fall of the biotech startup Theranos.
13. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
14. Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs
How a goal-setting system helped large tech companies succeed.
15. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund
A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the June 10, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending June 2, 2018.
Bradley Public Library
296 N Fulton Ave
Bradley, Illinois 60915