New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
June 25, 2017
1. I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
Kevin Hart with Neil Strauss
The comedian's personal and professional life.
2. Al Franken, Giant of the Senate
A memoir by the Democratic and former
Saturday Night Live
writer and performer.
3. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
4. Theft by Finding: Diaries (1977-2002)
Excerpts from the writer's diaries, 1977-2002.
5. Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
Sandberg's experience after her husband's sudden death and Grant's psychological research combine to provide insight on facing adversity and building resilience.
6. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of America's white working class through his own childhood.
7. Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies: The Civil War
Stories of the Civil War; a companion to the Fox historical docudrama.
8. If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating
The actor's efforts to help people learn to communicate more effectively.
9. Huê 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam
An account of the battle that changed the American approach to Vietnam
10. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-Of-Age Crisis -- and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance
The Nebraska Republican senator's advice on how to raise resilient, responsible children.
11. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil. The fledgling F.B.I. intervened, ineffectively.
12. The American Spirit: Who We Are and What We Stand For
A collection of speeches by the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian, focused on American values.
13. Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign
Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes
An examination of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.
14. Born A Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the comedian, now the host of
The Daily Show.
15. When Breath Becomes Air
A memoir by a physician who received a diagnosis of Stage IV lung cancer at the age of 36.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the June 25, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending June 10, 2017.
Cooper-Siegel Community Library
403 Fox Chapel Rd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238