New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 28, 2017
1. Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
Sandberg's experience after her husband's sudden death and Grant's psychological research combine to provide insight on facing adversity and building resilience.
2. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe and the forces and laws that govern it.
3. Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign
Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes
An examination of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.
4. Democracy: Stories from the Long Road to Freedom
The former secretary of state argues that the promotion of democracy should shape America's foreign policy.
5. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil. The fledgling F.B.I. intervened, ineffectively.
6. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of America's white working class through his own childhood.
7. The American Spirit: Who We Are and What We Stand For
A collection of speeches by the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian, focused on American values.
8. This Fight is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's Middle Class
The Massachusetts senator offers a program for Democratic resistance to President Trump.
9. Jackie's Girl: My Life with the Kennedy Family
Recollections from Jackie Kennedy's longtime assistant.
10. Teammate: My Journey in Baseball and a World Series for the Ages
David Ross with Don Yaeger
A life in baseball, by the (now retired) Chicago Cubs catcher.
11. The Magnolia Story
Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines with Mark Dagostino
The couple who star in the HGTV show
12. The Operator: Firing the Shots that Killed Osama bin Laden and My Years as a SEAL Team Warrior
The 400-mission career of a SEAL Team operator.
13. Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It
Charlamagne Tha God
The radio personality presents his life story and offers advice for success.
14. Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama
David J. Garrow
A critical biography of Barack Obama, focusing particularly on his formative years.
15. Hallelujah Anyway: Rediscovering Mercy
The importance of mercy in our lives.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 28, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending May 13, 2017.
Cooper-Siegel Community Library
403 Fox Chapel Rd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238