New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
September 2, 2018
1. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House
Omarosa Manigault Newman
The reality TV star and former White House staffer describes her time and relationship with Donald Trump.
2. The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump
The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
3. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
4. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
5. House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia
An investigation into the relationship between the current heads of Russia and the United States, and their potential ties to the Russian Mafia.
6. Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever
The Republican political campaign strategist gives his take on the current president and offers a way forward for conservatives.
7. Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company That Addicted America
An in-depth look at how opioid addiction affects Americans across geographic and class lines.
8. Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party
A companion text to the conservative author and filmmaker's documentary, which offers an alternative history of the Democratic Party.
9. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
10. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
11. Indianapolis: The True Story of the Worst Sea Disaster in U.S. Naval History and the Fifty-Year Fight to Exonerate an Innocent Man
Lynn Vincent and Sara Vladic
A newly researched look into the sinking of the
, the story of the survivors and the fight to exonerate the court-martialed skipper.
12. The Tangled Tree: A Radical New History of Life
Discoveries by molecular biologists involving the movement of genes across species lines.
13. The Fighters: Americans in Combat in Afghanistan and Iraq
C. J. Chivers
Portraits of six American combatants who served in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
15. Fly Girls: How Five Daring Women Defied All Odds and Made Aviation History
The story of five trailblazing women who together broke the glass ceiling in aviation.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the September 2, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending August 18, 2018.
Bloomington Public Library
205 E. Olive St.
Bloomington, Illinois 61701