New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
March 18, 2018
1. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
2. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
3. Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life
Nassim Nicholas Taleb
An argument for taking on risk.
4. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
5. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
6. Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
A case for using reason, science and humanism to counter pessimistic views of Western civilization.
7. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
8. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
9. The Last Black Unicorn
The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles and finding success after a period of homelessness.
10. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the host of
The Daily Show.
11. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath that connects his work in various disciplines.
12. The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, and Our Destiny Beyond Earth
The physicist describes how humans might develop civilization in outer space and possibly become immortal.
13. Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I've Loved
A divinity school professor examines her tacit beliefs when she learns she has colon cancer.
14. Time Pieces : A Dublin Memoir
A memoir based on the author's experiences and imaginings of Dublin.
15. Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan
How the United States failed to understand a secret wing of a Pakistani intelligence agency and doomed two wars.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the March 18, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending March 3, 2018.
Wells County Public Library
200 W. Washington St.
Bluffton, Indiana 46714