New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
April 22, 2018
1. Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World
The director of communications for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and the Obama White House prescribes a new model of leadership.
2. Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
Michael Isikoff and David Corn
Details of the 2016 presidential election, with an emphasis on Russia's possible involvement.
3. Tiger Woods
Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian
A deeper look at the personal and professional triumphs and disasters of the champion golfer.
4. Make Trouble: Standing Up, Speaking Out, and Finding the Courage to Lead
Cecile Richards with Lauren Peterson
A memoir by the president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and former labor organizer.
5. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund
A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
6. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
7. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
8. Our 50-state Border Crisis: How the Mexican Border Fuels the Drug Epidemic Across America
An Illinois sheriff describes the close connection he sees between national security and the opioid crisis.
9. This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today
A star of
This Is Us
describes her journey toward self-acceptance.
10. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
11. Faith: A Journey for All
The former president discusses the broader meaning of faith and its effect on our lives, including its religious aspects.
12. Secret Empires
The author of "Clinton Cash"
describes what some politicians might do to enrich themselves while in office.
13. Killing the Deep State: The Fight to Save President Trump
Jerome R. Corsi
The conservative commentator describes a secret conspiracy to undermine the Trump presidency. From the author of
The Obama Nation.
14. Unified: How Our Unlikely Friendship Gives Us Hope for a Divided Country
Tim Scott and Trey Gowdy
Two Republican lawmakers from South Carolina use their relationship as a model for overcoming differences.
15. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the April 22, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending April 7, 2018.