New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
January 21, 2018
1. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
2. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
3. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
5. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose
The former vice president recalls his toughest year in office, as his son battled brain cancer.
6. Let Trump Be Trump: The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency
Corey R. Lewandowski and David N. Bossie
Insider accounts of the Republican presidential campaign and its outcome by two of its advisors.
7. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle that Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
8. The Last Black Unicorn
The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles, exacting revenge on an ex-boyfriend and finding success after a period of homelessness.
9. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
10. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
J. D. Vance
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
11. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
12. The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President
Bandy X. Lee
27 psychiatrists and mental health experts give their assessments of the president.
13. Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit
The New York senator's journey from his formative years to his tragic run for president.
14. Women & Power: A Manifesto
A look at the roots of misogyny and its manifestations today.
15. When Breath Becomes Air
A memoir by a physician who received a diagnosis of Stage IV lung cancer at the age of 36.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the January 21, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending January 6, 2018.