New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
June 24, 2018
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
2. Trump's America: The Truth About Our Nation's Great Comeback
The former speaker of the House's views on the achievements of and obstacles facing the current administration.
3. The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row
Anthony Ray Hinton and Lara Love Hardin
A wrongfully imprisoned man on death row becomes a beacon to his fellow inmates.
4. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
5. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
6. The World As It Is: A Memoir of the Obama White House
A memoir by the former speechwriter and deputy national security advisor to President Obama.
7. The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights and Other Appreciations
John McCain and Mark Salter
A memoir by the Republican senator from Arizona.
8. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund
A look at our biases and how the world is in a better state than we might think.
9. Lincoln's Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency
Dan Abrams and David Fisher
The 1859 courtroom battle in which Abraham Lincoln defended the murderer of his protégé.
10. A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
The former F.B.I. director recounts cases and personal events that shaped his outlook on justice.
11. Barracoon: The Story of the Last "Black Cargo"
Zora Neale Hurston
A previously unpublished, first-person account of a man who was enslaved 50 years after the slave trade was banned.
12. What Truth Sounds Like: RFK, James Baldwin, and Our Unfinished Conversation About Race in America
Michael Eric Dyson
The outcomes from a meeting between James Baldwin and other prominent artists, and Robert F. Kennedy.
13. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
14. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
A search for "the Golden State Killer."
15. Three Days in Moscow: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of the Soviet Empire
Bret Baier with Catherine Whitney
The Fox News anchor describes Ronald Reagan's 1988 visit to the Soviet capital.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the June 24, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending June 9, 2018.
McKinney Public Library
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, Texas 75069