New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
September 9, 2018
1. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House
Omarosa Manigault Newman
The reality TV star and former White House staffer describes her time and relationship with Donald Trump.
2. The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump
The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
3. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
5. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
7. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund
A look at our biases and how the world is in a better state than we might think.
8. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
9. Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company That Addicted America
An in-depth look at how opioid addiction affects Americans across geographic and class lines.
10. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
11. Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever
The Republican political campaign strategist gives his take on the current president and offers a way forward for conservatives.
12. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
13. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The rise and fall of the biotech startup Theranos.
14. Resistance is Futile! How the Trump-Hating Left Lost Its Collective Mind
The conservative commentator defines what she sees as liberal overreaction to President Trump and his policies.
15. Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party
A companion text to the conservative author and filmmaker's documentary, which offers an alternative history of the Democratic Party.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the September 9, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending August 25, 2018.
McKinney Public Library
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, Texas 75069