New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
February 4, 2018
1. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
2. It's Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America
David Cay Johnston
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes how he believes the scope of the Trump presidency differs from all the others.
3. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
4. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
5. Together We Rise: Behind the Scenes at the Protest Heard Around the World
Women's March Organizers and Conde Nast
Photographs and profiles of the organizers and participants of the 2017 Women's March.
6. Trumpocracy: The Corruption of the American Republic
A former speechwriter for George W. Bush argues how the current president might push America to become an illiberal democracy.
8. The Last Black Unicorn
The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles, exacting revenge on an ex-boyfriend and finding success after a period of homelessness.
9. When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
Daniel H. Pink
Research from several fields reveals the ideal time to make small decisions and big life changes.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
11. The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook
The historian uses network theory to understand the past and the present.
13. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
J. D. Vance
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
14. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
15. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle that Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the February 4, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending January 20, 2018.
McKinney Public Library
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, Texas 75069