New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 3, 2020
The activist and public speaker describes her journey of listening to her inner voice.
2. The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
An examination of the leadership of the prime minister Winston Churchill.
3. The House of Kennedy
James Patterson and Cynthia Fagen
A look at the achievements of the political family and what has been called "the Kennedy curse."
4. Front Row at the Trump Show
The ABC News chief White House correspondent gives his perspective on our current president and describes the shifts within their relationship.
5. Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family
From 1945 to 1965, a family in Colorado had 12 children, six of whom went on to develop schizophrenia.
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
7. The Mamba Mentality: How I Play
Various skills and techniques used on the court by the late Los Angeles Lakers player.
The former first lady describes how she balanced work, family and her husband's political ascent.
9. About Your Father and Other Celebrities I Have Known: Ruminations and Revelations from a Desperate Mother to Her Dirty Son
Stories of living with a minimalist husband, cheering her son's celebrity and having a late career as a commercial spokesperson.
10. Arguing With Socialists
The conservative commentator espouses free-market capitalism.
11. More Myself: A Journey
Alicia Keys with Michelle Burford
The Grammy Award-winning musician retraces her path to discovering her own worth.
12. Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage
The Texas congressman and former Navy SEAL prescribes ways to overcome adversity.
13. The Last Book on the Left: Stories of Murder and Mayhem From History's Most Notorious Serial Killers
Ben Kissel, Marcus Parks and Henry Zebrowski
A survey of serial killers from the creators of the
Last Podcast on the Left
14. Hell and Other Destinations: A 21st-Century Memoir
Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward
A memoir by America's first female secretary of state detailing some of her accomplishments after leaving that post.
15. Leave Only Footprints: My Acadia-to-Zion Journey Through Every National Park
CBS Sunday Morning
correspondent shares discoveries he made while traveling to each of America's national parks
© 2020 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 3, 2020 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending April 18, 2020.
Boca Raton Public Library
400 NW 2nd Avenue
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
1501 NW Spanish River Blvd.
Boca Raton, Florida 33431