New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
November 3, 2019
The multi-award-winning solo artist's first autobiography chronicles his career, relationships and private struggles.
2. Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy To Protect Predators
The Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter details some surveillance and intimidation tactics used to pressure journalists and elude consequences by certain wealthy and connected men.
3. Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth
The MSNBC host argues that the global oil and gas industry has weakened democracies and bolstered authoritarians.
4. The Way I Heard It
The television personality relays stories from his podcast and personal anecdotes.
5. Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
Julie Andrews with Emma Walton Hamilton
The musical theater icon's second installment of her memoir describes her arrival in Hollywood, becoming a mother and her relationship with Blake Edwards.
6. Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Famous examples of miscommunication serve as the backdrop to explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
7. The Body: A Guide for Occupants
An owner's manual of the human body covering various parts, functions and what happens when things go wrong.
8. Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets & Advice for Living Your Best Life
The comedian dispenses her brand of wisdom through letters to her children.
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
10. The United States of Trump: How the President Really Sees America
The conservative commentator weaves interviews and personal history to portray the power and influence of the 45th president.
11. The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience
Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton
Profiles of women from around the world who have blazed trails and challenged the status quo.
12. Letters from an Astrophysicist
Neil deGrasse Tyson
In a hand-picked collection of 101 letters, the celebrity astrophysicist answers a vast array of questions from science to faith and Pluto.
13. Inside Out: A Memoir
The Hollywood star chronicles the rocky relationships, body image issues and public perceptions that affected her attempts to balance family and fame.
14. Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead
Jim Mattis and Bing West
The former Marine infantry officer and secretary of defense recounts key moments from his career and imparts his leadership philosophy.
15. Witch Hunt: The Story of the Greatest Mass Delusion in American Political History
The Fox News commentator offers his analysis of the Mueller Report.
20© 2019 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the November 3, 2019 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending October 19, 2019.
20 West Duarte Road
Arcadia, California 91006