New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
August 12, 2018
1. The Russia Hoax
The Fox News analyst makes his case for why the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia is without legal merit.
2. Liars, Leakers and Liberals
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
3. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
5. Indianapolis: The True Story of the Worst Sea Disaster in U.S. Naval History and the Fifty-Year Fight to Exonerate an Innocent Man
Lynn Vincent and Sara Vladic
A newly researched look into the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis, the story of the survivors and the fight to exonerate the court-martialed skipper.
6. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
7. How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
8. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
9. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The rise and fall of the biotech startup Theranos.
10. The Death of Truth
The former New York Times chief book critic examines the cultural forces that have chipped away at reason and common values.
11. The Plot to Destroy Democracy : How Putin and His Spies are Undermining America and Dismantling the West
The former U.S. intelligence officer describes the tools and techniques used by Vladimir Putin to affect the 2016 election.
12. Between the World and Me
A meditation on race in America.
13. The Briefing
A personal account of working for Trump's campaign, transition team and the Trump White House.
14. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
A search for the "Golden State Killer."
15. From the Corner of the Oval: A Memoir
A memoir by a woman who went from working many part-time jobs to becoming one of President Obama's stenographers.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the August 12, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending July 28, 2018.
Bloomingdale Public Library
101 Fairfield Way
Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108