New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
September 30, 2018
1. Fear: Trump in the White House
Base on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
2. The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations
John McCain and Mark Salter
A memoir by the recently deceased Republican senator from Arizona.
3. 21 Lessons for the 21st Century
Yuval Noah Harari
Technological, political and social issues in the modern era, and the choices individuals might consider in facing them.
4. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
5. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House
Omarosa Manigault Newman
The reality TV star and former White House staffer describes her time and relationship with Donald Trump.
6. The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump
The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
7. Accessory to War: The Unspoken Alliance Between Astrophysics and the Military
Neil deGrasse Tyson and Avis Lang
Observations of the two-way relationship between science and military power.
8. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
9. Every Day is Extra
A memoir by the former Massachusetts senator, secretary of state and 2004 Democratic presidential nominee.
10. The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure
Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt
An investigation of cultural trends that the authors argue are failing the next generation.
11. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
12. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
13. Contempt: A Memoir of the Clinton Investigation
The former independent counsel recounts his investigation of the Clinton administration and its outcomes.
14. Small Fry: A Memoir
A memoir about the author's difficult relationship with her father, Steve Jobs.
15. We Fed an Island: The True Story of Rebuilding Puerto Rico, One Meal at a Time
José Andrés with Richard Wolffe
The chef and humanitarian describes his mission to feed residents of Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the September 30, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 15, 2018.
Bloomingdale Public Library
101 Fairfield Way
Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108