New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
December 2, 2018
1. Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet EvanovichThe 25th book in the Stephanie Plum series. When several managers of a deli in Trenton disappear, a bounty hunter and her detective boyfriend look for clues.
2. Long Road to Mercy by David BaldacciAtlee Pine, and F.B.I. agent who is haunted by the childhood kidnapping of her twin sister, must choose between protecting her career or the United States' democracy.
3. The Reckoning by John GrishamA decorated World War II veteran shoots and kills a pastor inside a Mississippi church.
4. Past Tense by Lee ChildJack Reacher explores the New England town where his father was born.
6. Every Breath by Nicholas SparksDifficult choices surface when Hope Anderson and Tru Walls meet in a North Carolina seaside town.
7. Dark Sacred Night by Michael ConnellyDetective Renée Ballard teams up with the retired detective Harry Bosch, who is working on a cold case.
8. Elevation by Stephen KingA man who is losing weight without getting thinner forms an unlikely alliance with his neighbors who are dealing with prejudices.
11. Unsheltered by Barbara KingsolverIntertwined stories of two families who live in different centuries on the same street corner in Vineland, N.J.
12. A Spark of Light by Jodi PicoultThe lives of patients, doctors and activists intersect when a gunman holds them all hostage in a woman's health center in Mississippi.
13. Sea of Greed by Clive Cussler and Graham BrownThe 16th book in the NUMA Files series.
14. You Don't Own Me by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair BurkeA television producer investigates the murder of a physician and whether it was his wife who killed him.
15. The Noel Stranger by Richard Paul EvansA newly divorced woman develops a friendship with the owner of a Christmas tree lot.