New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
September 16, 2018
1. The Fall of Gondolin by J. R. R. TolkienThousands of years before the events of Lord of the Rings, a hero named Tuor visits a secret city. Edited by Christopher Tolkien
2. Texas Ranger by James Patterson and Andrew BourelleRory Yates's job and reputation are at risk when he is accused of killing his ex-wife.
4. The Outsider by Stephen KingA detective investigates a seemingly wholesome member of the community when an 11-year-old boy's body is found.
5. Tailspin by Sandra BrownA pilot navigates treacherous situations when he attempts to deliver a mysterious black box to a doctor in Georgia.
6. Pieces of Her by Karin SlaughterWhen a violent incident reveals her mother's secret past, Andrea Oliver searches for clues to save her.
7. Circe by Madeline MillerZeus banishes Helios' daughter to an island, where she must choose between living with gods or mortals.
9. Before We Were Yours by Lisa WingateA South Carolina lawyer learns about the questionable practices of a Tennessee orphanage.
10. There There by Tommy OrangeA multigenerational story exploring the plight of the urban Native American.
11. Magic Triumphs by Ilona AndrewsThe 10th book in the Kate Daniels series. After starting a family with a former Beast Lord, Kate faces the threat of war from an ancient enemy.
12. The Woman in the Window by A. J. FinnA recluse who drinks heavily and takes prescription drugs may have witnessed a crime across from her Harlem townhouse.
14. The Other Woman by Daniel SilvaGabriel Allon, the art restorer and assassin, fights the Russians to decide the fate of postwar global order.
15. Feared by Lisa ScottolineMary DiNunzio and Bennie Rosato must solve a murder and handle a reverse sex discrimination suit against their firm.