New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
December 30, 2018
1. The Reckoning by John GrishamA decorated World War II veteran shoots and kills a pastor inside a Mississippi church.
2. Fire & Blood by George R. R. MartinSet 300 years before the events of A Game of Thrones, this is the first volume of the two-part history of the Targaryens in Westeros.
3. Every Breath by Nicholas SparksDifficult choices surface when Hope Anderson and Tru Walls meet in a North Carolina seaside town.
5. Target: Alex Cross by James PattersonAlex Cross returns for the 26th book in the series bearing his name.
7. Past Tense by Lee ChildJack Reacher explores the New England town where his father was born.
8. Long Road to Mercy by David BaldacciAtlee Pine, an F.B.I. agent who is haunted by the childhood kidnapping of her twin sister, must choose between protecting her career or the United States' democracy.
10. Elevation by Stephen KingA man who is losing weight without getting thinner forms an unlikely alliance with his neighbors who are dealing with prejudices.
11. Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet EvanovichThe 25th book in the Stephanie Plum series. When several managers of a deli in Trenton disappear, a bounty hunter and her detective boyfriend look for clues.
12. Of Blood and Bone by Nora RobertsWhile the people of New Hope face threats, Fallon Swift goes on three quests to discover her powers.
13. Kingdom of the Blind by Louise PennyWhile on suspension, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache is made an executor of a stranger's will and tries to keep a deadly narcotic off Montreal's streets.
14. Dark Sacred Night by Michael ConnellyDetective Renée Ballard teams up with the retired detective Harry Bosch, who is working on a cold case.
15. Tom Clancy: Oath of Office by Marc CameronPresident Jack Ryan must contain the fallout of a flu epidemic, an undermining senator and two hijacked Russian nuclear missiles.