New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
October 28, 2018
2. Holy Ghost by John SandfordVirgil Flowers investigates shootings in a Minnesota town following an attempt to revive its ailing economy.
3. The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate MortonA century-old mystery at the Birchwood Manor on the Thames connects the lives of an archivist and artist.
4. Ambush by James Patterson and James O. BornMichael Bennett discovers that an assassin is targeting him and his family
5. Winter in Paradise by Elin HilderbrandIrene Steele uncovers her husband's secret life on a Caribbean island following his death.
6. A Spark of Light by Jodi PicoultThe lives of patients, doctors and activists intersect when a gunman holds them all hostage in a woman's health center in Mississippi.
7. The Witch Elm by Tana FrenchAfter Toby Hennessy retreats to his family's ancestral home, a skull discovered in the backyard exposes his family's past.
8. Killing Commendatore by Haruki MurakamiThe discovery of an unseen work in an artist's attic unleashes a series of bizarre occurrences that a painter must navigate.
9. Vince Flynn: Red War by Kyle MillsWhen the Russian prime minister plots to invade the Baltics, only Mitch Rapp can stop him.
10. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia OwensIn a quiet town on the North Carolina coast in 1969, a woman who survived alone in the marsh becomes a murder suspect.
11. Alaskan Holiday by Debbie MacomberA Seattleite cook stuck in remote Ponder, Alaska, grapples with her feelings for the local swordsmith.
12. Lethal White by Robert GalbraithThe fourth book in the Cormoran Strike series. Detectives Strike and Ellacott investigate a crime a young man may have witnessed as a child; by J.K. Rowling, writing pseudonymously.
13. Juror #3 by James Patterson and Nancy AllenRuby Bozarth defends a college football star charged in a felony case complicated by a second murder.