New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
September 30, 2018
1. Juror #3 by James Patterson and Nancy AllenRuby Bozarth defends a college football star charged in a felony case complicated by a second murder.
2. Shadow Tyrants by Clive Cussler and Boyd MorrisonJuan Cabrillo and his crew fight two destructive adversaries.
4. In His Father's Footsteps by Danielle SteelThe son of two Holocaust survivors struggles to become his own person after his marriage falls apart.
5. The Forbidden Door by Dean KoontzJane Hawk, a former F.B.I. agent, must stop a secret group using mind-control technology.
6. Texas Ranger by James Patterson and Andrew BourelleRory Yates's job and reputation are at risk when he is accused of killing his ex-wife.
8. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia OwensIn a quiet town on the North Carolina coast in 1969, a woman who survived alone in the marsh becomes a murder suspect.
9. The Fall of Gondolin by J. R. R. TolkienThousands of years before the events of The Lord of the Rings, a hero named Tuor visits a secret city. Edited by Christopher Tolkien
10. The Outsider by Stephen KingA detective investigates a seemingly wholesome member of the community when an 11-year-old boy's body is found.
11. Robert B. Parker's Colorblind by Reed Farrel ColemanPolice chief Jesse Stone works to solve racially motivated crimes and to clear the department's first black female deputy.
12. Before We Were Yours by Lisa WingateA South Carolina lawyer learns about the questionable practices of a Tennessee orphanage.
13. Depth of Winter by Craig JohnsonSheriff Longmire takes on the head of a drug cartel in a remote area of the northern Mexican desert.
15. The Woman in the Window by A. J. FinnA recluse who drinks heavily and takes prescription drugs may have witnessed a crime across from her Harlem townhouse.