New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
October 21, 2018
1. A Spark of Light by Jodi PicoultThe lives of patients, doctors and activists intersect when a gunman holds them all hostage in a woman's health center in Mississippi.
2. Vince Flynn: Red War by Kyle MillsWhen the Russian prime minister plots to invade the Baltics, only Mitch Rapp can stop him.
4. Alaskan Holiday by Debbie MacomberA Seattleite cook stuck in remote Ponder, Alaska, grapples with her feelings for the local swordsmith.
6. Juror #3 by James Patterson and Nancy AllenRuby Bozarth defends a college football star charged in a felony case complicated by a second murder.
7. Lethal White by Robert GalbraithThe fourth book in the Cormoran Strike series. Detectives Strike and Ellacott investigate a crime a young man may have witnessed as a child; by J.K. Rowling, writing pseudonymously.
8. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia OwensIn a quiet town on the North Carolina coast in 1969, a woman who survived alone in the marsh becomes a murder suspect.
9. Uncompromising Honor by David WeberThe 19th book in the Honor Harrington series. The Star Kingdom's Grand Fleet commander takes on the Solarian League's corrupt leaders and its navy.
10. War of the Wolf by Bernard CornwellThe Saxon Tales series continues as Uhtred of Beddanburg fights a new foe who controls an army of wolf-warriors and wants to rule Northumbria.
11. Transcription by Kate AtkinsonTen years later, figures from a BBC radio producer's past as an M15 recruit in 1940 confront her.
12. Time's Convert by Deborah HarknessDuring his lover's journey to immortality, a vampire's past returns to haunt them both.
13. Shadow Tyrants by Clive Cussler and Boyd MorrisonJuan Cabrillo and his crew fight two destructive adversaries.
14. The Outsider by Stephen KingA detective investigates a seemingly wholesome member of the community when an 11-year-old boy's body is found.
15. In His Father's Footsteps by Danielle SteelThe son of two Holocaust survivors struggles to become his own person after his marriage falls apart.