New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
December 9, 2018
1. Fire & Blood by George R. R. MartinSet 300 years before the events of "A Game of Thrones," this is the first volume of the two-part history of the Targaryens in Westeros.
2. Target: Alex Cross by James PattersonAlex Cross returns for the 26th book in the series bearing his name.
3. The Reckoning by John GrishamA decorated World War II veteran shoots and kills a pastor inside a Mississippi church.
4. Every Breath by Nicholas SparksDifficult choices surface when Hope Anderson and Tru Walls meet in a North Carolina seaside town.
5. Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet EvanovichThe 25th book in the Stephanie Plum series. When several managers of a deli in Trenton disappear, a bounty hunter and her detective boyfriend look for clues.
6. Past Tense by Lee ChildJack Reacher explores the New England town where his father was born.
7. Long Road to Mercy by David BaldacciAtlee Pine, and F.B.I. agent who is haunted by the childhood kidnapping of her twin sister, must choose between protecting her career or the United States' democracy.
10. Elevation by Stephen KingA man who is losing weight without getting thinner forms an unlikely alliance with his neighbors who are dealing with prejudices.
11. Beauchamp Hall by Danielle SteelWinona Farmington leaves behind the disappointments in her Michigan hometown to visit the English town where her favorite television show is filmed.
12. Dark Sacred Night by Michael ConnellyDetective Renée Ballard teams up with the retired detective Harry Bosch, who is working on a cold case.
13. A Spark of Light by Jodi PicoultThe lives of patients, doctors and activists intersect when a gunman holds them all hostage in a woman's health center in Mississippi.
15. Unsheltered by Barbara KingsolverIntertwined stories of two families who live in different centuries on the same street corner in Vineland, N.J.