New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
June 11, 2023
1. The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder
The survivors of a shipwrecked British vessel on a secret mission during an imperial war with Spain have different accounts of events.
2. Outlive: The Science & Art of Longevity
Peter Attia with Bill Gifford
A look at recent scientific research on aging and longevity.
3. The Book of Charlie: Wisdom from the Remarkable American Life of a 109-Year-Old Man
David Von Drehle
The Washington Post columnist shares stories and wisdom he learned from a neighbor who was more than a century old.
4. I'm Glad My Mom Died
The actress and filmmaker describes her eating disorders and difficult relationship with her mother.
The Duke of Sussex details his struggles with the royal family, loss of his mother, service in the British Army and marriage to Meghan Markle.
6. On Our Best Behavior: The Seven Deadly Sins and the Price Women Pay to Be Good
An examination of the seven deadly sins and their influence over the lives of women today.
7. The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times
The former first lady shares personal stories and the tools she uses to deal with difficult situations.
8. The Daddy Diaries: The Year I Grew Up
The host and executive producer of
Watch What Happens Live
juggles fatherhood and his career.
9. Raw Dog: The Naked Truth About Hot Dogs
The comedian and Emmy-nominated TV writer explains the cultural and culinary significance of hot dogs.
10. Look for Me There: Grieving My Father, Finding Myself
The Emmy Award-winning journalist details how he grieved for his late father and sought to make his own way.
11. Poverty, by America
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author of
examines the ways in which affluent Americans keep poor people poor.
12. King: A Life
A biography of the civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr., which includes new archival material and reflections from some who worked, lived and fought with him.
13. Holding the Note: Profiles in Popular Music
A collection of profiles of popular musicians, including Leonard Cohen, Buddy Guy, Mavis Staples and Patti Smith, from the editor of
The New Yorker.
14. The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rulings to Amass Power and Undermine the Republic
The legal scholar examines the Supreme Court's authority to issue emergency rulings and the potential consequences of doing so.
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over 35 years.
©2023 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the June 11, 2023 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending May 27, 2023.
Round Rock Public Library
200 E. Liberty Avenue
Round Rock, Texas 78664