New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 22, 2022
1. Finding Me
The multiple award-winning actress describes the difficulties she encountered before claiming her sense of self and achieving professional success.
2. Killing the Killers: The Secret War Against Terrorists
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The 11th book in the conservative commentator's Killing series gives an account of the global war against terrorists.
3. This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future
Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns
Two New York Times correspondents chronicle the 2020 election and the first year of the Biden presidency.
4. The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor -- the Truth and the Turmoil
This follow-up to
The Diana Chronicles
details how the royal family reinvented itself after the death of Princess Diana.
5. Out of the Corner: A Memoir
The actress details growing up the child of Joel Grey, her iconic film roles and the repercussions from a plastic surgery procedure.
6. Crying in H Mart: A Memoir
The daughter of a Korean mother and Jewish-American father, and leader of the indie rock project Japanese Breakfast, describes creating her own identity after losing her mother to cancer.
7. Unmasked: My Life Solving America's Cold Cases
A memoir by a former cold case investigator who worked on several notable cases, including the identification of the Golden State Killer.
8. What Happened to You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
An approach to dealing with trauma that shifts an essential question used to investigate it.
9. I'll Show Myself Out: Essays on Midlife and Motherhood
A collection of comedic essays on motherhood and middle age by the Emmy Award-winning writer and producer.
10. The 1619 Project: A New Origin Story
Nikole Hannah-Jones, Caitlin Roper, Ilena Silverman and Jake Silverstein (editors)
Viewing America's entanglement with slavery and its legacy, in essays adapted and expanded from
The New York Times Magazine
11. Anna: The Biography
A biography of the editor in chief of American
and the chief content officer of Conde Nast, Anna Wintour.
12. Freezing Order: A True Story of Money Laundering, Murder, and Surviving Vladimir Putin's Wrath
The author of
tells his story of becoming Vladimir Putin's enemy by uncovering a $230 million tax refund scheme.
13. Hello, Molly! A Memoir
The comedic actor shares stories of family tragedy and her years as a star of
Saturday Night Live.
14. The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music
A memoir by the musician known for his work with Foo Fighters and Nirvana.
15. The War on the West
An associate editor of
and Fox News contributor makes his arguments against anti-Western rhetoric.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 22, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending May 7, 2022.
Canton Public Library
786 Washington St.
Canton, Massachusetts 02021