Look at NextReads
New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
August 13, 2017
1. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
2. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of America's white working class through his own childhood.
3. Al Franken, Giant of the Senate
A memoir by the Democratic senator from Minnesota and former
Saturday Night Live
writer and performer.
4. Devil's Bargain: Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and the Storming of the Presidency
A deeply reported account of the relationship between Donald Trump and his chief strategist.
5. Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism
Mark R. Levin
The radio host argues that the founding fathers would be shocked by the expansion of modern government.
6. Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
Insight on facing adversity and building resilience.
The alt-right provocateur criticizes political correctness.
8. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
9. The Operator: Firing the Shots that Killed Osama bin Laden and My Years as a SEAL Team Warrior
The 400-mission career of a SEAL Team operator.
10. Understanding Trump
The former House speaker explains the president's philosophy and political agenda.
11. Huê 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam
An account of the battle that changed the American approach to Vietnam.
12. The Swamp: Washington's Murky Pool of Corruption and Cronyism and How Trump Can Drain It
The Fox News host suggests how Donald Trump can fight cronyism.
13. I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
Kevin Hart with Neil Strauss
The comedian's personal and professional life.
14. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
Yuval Noah Harari
How Homo sapiens became Earth's dominant species.
15. Born A Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the comedian, now the host of
The Daily Show.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the August 13, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending July 29, 2017.
If you are having trouble unsubscribing to this newsletter, please contact the Twinsburg Public Library at
330-425-4268, 10050 Ravenna Rd., Twinsburg, OH 44087