New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
September 16, 2018
1. The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations
John McCain and Mark Salter
A memoir by the recently deceased Republican senator from Arizona.
2. The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump
The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
3. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
4. Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence
A look at the science that supports the effectiveness of meditation.
5. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House
Omarosa Manigault Newman
The reality TV star and former White House staffer describes her time and relationship with Donald Trump.
6. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
7. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
8. Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World
The former New York Times columnist examines the new gilded age and the failures of modern philanthropy.
9. House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia
An investigation into the relationship between the current heads of Russia and the United States, and their potential ties to the Russian Mafia.
10. Between the World and Me
A meditation on race in America.
11. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund
A look at our biases and how the world is in a better state than we might think.
12. Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company That Addicted America
An in-depth look at how opioid addiction affects Americans across geographic and class lines.
13. Indianapolis: The True Story of the Worst Sea Disaster in U.S. Naval History and the Fifty-Year Fight to Exonerate an Innocent Man
Lynn Vincent and Sara Vladic
A newly researched look into the sinking of the
, the story of the survivors and the fight to exonerate the court-martialed skipper.
14. The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels
The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
15. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid in South Africa by the host of "The Daily Show."
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the September 16, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 1, 2018.
J. Erik Jonsson Central Library
1515 Young St.
Dallas, Texas 75201